All adult volunteers (18 years old and older) of the Adams County Library System must are required to have clearances from appropriate agencies.
All volunteers must provide a minimum of two Pennsylvania clearances.
For those who have not lived in Pennsylvania for 10 years, a Federal Criminal History Certification is also required.
In addition, all library volunteers must complete the online Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training.
The Adams County Library System will accept copies of any current clearances you may have due to volunteer work at another organization or as a requirement of your employment.
The two Pennsylvania clearances and online training are free for volunteers.
All of these should be completed online. You are welcome to use the library computers to apply for clearances and/or access the online training.
- Begin with "Create an Individual Account."
- You should select "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)".
- You will enter the site by clicking on "Registration" in the blue stripe at the top of the page.
- The training will take between one and one-half to three hours to complete.
- You will be able to print a certificate once you have completed the training.
If you have not lived in Pennsylvania for ten years, you must be fingerprinted. Please speak to the Volunteer Coordinator or Branch Manager about scheduling your fingerprint appointment..