New York Times Bestselling Author Jamie Ford is Coming to Gettysburg!
The purpose of the ACLS is to connect people to opportunities that enrich their lives. One unique way that we are accomplishing this is by bringing a New York Times bestselling author to Adams County each year. We’re thrilled to announce that Jamie Ford, author of The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and Love and Other Consolation Prizes, will headline the event at the Gettysburg Library. We will transform the library for you to taste delicious delights from Biggerstaff Catering, begin your holiday shopping at our silent auction, enjoy a presentation by Mr. Ford, and talk with him during a book signing.
One Night Only: We’re Opening Our Front Doors!
The signature event is an opportunity to meet new friends and catch up with colleagues – all while benefitting a local non-profit organization, the ACLS! And to make this event extra special we are opening the front doors! Walk up those beautiful marble steps into a night to remember.
Some things to know:
• Seating assignment will be based on ticket purchase date.
• Free parking will be available in the Presbyterian Church, St. Francis Xavier Church, and Housing Authority lots. Metered parking is available throughout downtown Gettysburg. Please check the meters for timing restrictions.
• Evening includes heavy hors d'oeuvres, silent auction, and 50/50 cash raffle: 25 chances for $20!
• Silent Auction items include jewelry, gift cards, Polish Pottery, Civil War collectables, books, experiences and more!
• A signature cocktail, wine and beer will be available at the bar.
• Entry to the library will be through the front doors (up the front steps on Baltimore Street) and the accessible entrance is through the Baltimore Street entrance. The High Street entrance will be closed.
• Dress code is dressy casual. Wear your diamonds with denim or little black dress! Sports coats are optional.
A limited number of tickets are available for a VIP Experience which also includes a private reception with Mr. Ford and an autographed copy of his latest book. Tickets are $100 per person (includes one adult beverage) or $150 (includes 2 adult beverages) for the VIP Experience and can be purchased at each of our six branches or through our secure website at AdamsLibrary.org. Please join us to raise money for the Library’s most urgent needs.
We’re All About Lifelong Learning!
On-going programs for adults include monthly book clubs, workshops on financial planning, computer skills, history, genealogy, gardening tips and more. Sign up for the Adams County Reads One Book programs including visits to the Harbaugh~Thomas and Gettysburg libraries on October 22 by Rosemary Simpson, author of this year’s One Book, What the Dead Leave Behind. One exciting program will feature WGAL-TV8’s John Scala. In Gettysburg on October 3rd at 6:30 P.M., Mr. Scala will present A Look Back at the Historic Blizzards of 1888: Through the Eyes of a Forensic Meteorologist. I hope to see you there!
E-Connect with us!
The Adams County Library Connection, a monthly e-newsletter that includes new titles, photos, special events, and other library cardholder benefits, will bring joy to your Inbox. Sign up in person at any of our branches or at AdamsLibrary.org.
And connect with me at DawnS@AdamsLibrary.org or 717.334.0163. Thank you!